The 8th biennial edition of BredaPhoto International Photo Festival invites professional photographers from all over the world to share their vision on the 2018 theme TO INFINITY AND BEYOND. We invite you to share your (audio)visual interpretation of the possibilities and impact of the ongoing progress in technology and science. Will it bring nothing but progress? Or are we at risk of opening a Pandora’s box full of unwelcome surprises? The selected photographers get the chance to show their work in the biggest photo festival in The Netherlands.
Submissions are open to all accredited photographers and visual artists of the world, from students to established names. You can apply with multiple projects, but please submit them separately.
Submissions and jury
Submissions for the BredaPhoto festival 2018 can be entered from July 1st 2017 until February 1st 2018. The selection of works and proposals will be done by our three festival curators Reinout van den Bergh, Jan Schaerlackens and Geert van Eyck. The submissions that, judged by them, best complement the program by giving an original elaboration of this edition’s theme, will be displayed during the BredaPhoto International Photo Festival from September 5th till October 21st 2018. The organization will notify the selected artists in March 2018 by e-mail.
To infinity and beyond
The theme of the 2018 festival is TO INFINITY AND BEYOND. The submitted works must be an elaboration of this theme accompanied by a motivation letter explaining the relationship between the work and the theme. Read everything about our 2018 theme in this brochure.
- Artists can only apply via the online submission form at the bottom of this page and must follow the there mentioned technical specifications. Enter your photo’s as one zipfile. All fields in the form are mandatory.
- Applications must contain a short resume of the artist, a series of photos or screenshots with which you apply and a motivation letter explaining the work’s relation to the 2018 festival’s theme. Only complete application forms will be accepted. Each submission will be confirmed by e-mail.
- (Audio)visual projects, series of photographs, video works and even performances are welcomed but can only be submitted when related to the 2018 festival theme. Each project should consist of a series of a minimum of 8 to maximum of 20 photos. High resolution images will be requested from artists who’s work has been selected for the exhibition, so please make sure the images you submit are also available in high quality. If you submit a video work, please upload screenshots of the video and include a link to the original file in your motivation letter.
- The copyright to all images remain the property of the author of the images. BredaPhoto will not publish or use any of the submitted images which haven’t been selected for the festival. Artists whose work will be selected will be required to sign a contract on their participation including an agreement on copyrights and use.
- Entrants to the BredaPhoto submission must confirm that they are the authors and owners of the copyright to all images submitted and that their entries do not infringe upon privacy rights, copyright or any other rights of any person.
Further information and contact
All information on our open call can be read in this digital brochure. For further questions or problems regarding your submission please contact Tino van den Berg via firstname.lastname@example.org. We wish you the best of luck with your submission and thank you in advance for your participation!